Wednesday 8 June 2005

Somewhere in my youth or childhood.....

I woke up this morning with Julie Andrew's famous song, "Somewhere in my youth or childhood, ..........." (Sound of Music).
Thank you maknenek for this lovely, lovely box of chocolates that is going to be my header from now on. Eventho I can just salivate while looking at it each day and wet my keyboard in the process, I will always treasure this. Maknenek left this in my ym this morning and I have managed to turn over the template upside down (without even getting anyone's expert help!) to place the html!
For your info, maknenek is a long time cyber friend who made the journey from Forcheim in Germany to see me after we found each other in rantauan.com. We have been online buddies for so long, and during our first meeting, to see Raihan performing in London, it was as if we had known each other for a long, long time. From Raihan, we went on to see Bombay Dreams and what fun we had. Since then, we have ventured in all sorts of things - maknenek being the talented and resourceful person she is. She picks up cues and bounces off ideas and translates them into something fantastic - I enjoy working with her on our expreimental online rantauan.tv.
I start a cerpen or a story, and I can be sure that fom her living room in Forcheim, she'd pick up the thread and continue it and develope the storylines along the same wavelengths that most of our rantauan buddies are blessed with. And with this I mean to include Dr Bubbles or Is Badut in Malaysia who used to crack us up from Vientiene where he was a tireless volunteer, klmuk, the bloglurker, in Aberdeen, Uja in Singapore and many many more, such as Kasarubia in Melbourne and Memento in Amsterdam and yes, Nina in Canada and Ely in San Francisco. Not forgetting our Penghulu (Iskandaria) in Los Angeles. Oh, what fun we have. You should read our "Bangsawan in Cyberia" and Perang Pantun!
And now as we expand our circle of online buddies, I meet so many talented and gifted ones. And you know who you are. And thank you so much for the many dedications in postings of some bloggers who I didn't even know visit me. And thank you for the presents in the post. I feel I do not deserve these, but thank you and in return I offer my friendship. (Advise to templates, links, html, photobucket etc comes with extra charge! :) )

30 comments:

AuntyN said...

Kak Teh : First of all, tak baik lah dok bagi org terliuq tengok chocolate tu.
Second : ada charge toll ka, dok lalu lalang kut sini pi blog orang lain kat link Kak Teh tu? Sometimes I see refering blog kat your stat tu paling tinggi from my blog no..
Third : It is nice to have a friend like you, we have never met, I hope one day we will and it will be my honour to get to know you better.

Anonymous said...

kakteh, terimakasih from me for making the first phone call 3 yrs ago. malam tu tak boleh tidur ... dapat cakap dengan journalist A-list :). semua ini akan jadi kenangan abadi .. friends we met kat rantauan.com and of course those we met in person. tabik hormat !!

-klmuk-

Nazrah Leopolis said...

Aisehbedaaah...! Ni yang tak best ni, org baru psyche up for a more intensive exercise regime. My best friend is working out to climb Mount Kinabalu, walaupun dulu kitorang geng mencekik. I am such a slacker, your blocks of chocs are not helping. But I must say it makes your blog more enticingly delish!!!

anedra said...

kakteh: you probably have more friends than anyone else I know, what with rantauan, blogspot and other bloggers, Malaysia Hall `et`c..etc..! But you've always had that gift. Always warm and open etc..where you got it from, is no mystery to me - it's gotta be from Tok. You're so much like her.
*oh..and this is not a bodek session ok?*

anedra said...

lupa pulak, boley ajar I how to link someday? err...how much do you charge for that? sedara punya pasal, free kot kan?

Kak Teh said...

auntyN: setakat ni kita tak kenakan toll algi. baru nak dapat consultation dengan S velloo.Yes, the traffic coming from yr blog pun boleh tahan juga. Kalah sikit drp blog peminat siti nur saja!
ish, klmuk!!! apa ni? kalau tak kawan tak lah tunggu tengok orang tu dipinang!
zaireen - u can look but musn't touch...:)
nazrah...hmmm i think now i need more than choc! will let u know.

Kak Teh said...

massylassy, kalau nak belajar kena malam bungan mengambang, bawak ayam seekor - ayam putih tau, and anedra tak applies to you too kalau nak belajar link mengelink.
and abt similiarities dengan Tok tu..janganlah dihebahkan pulak!

Anonymous said...

Kak Teh, sedapnya tengok chocolate tu!! Ni yang buat kite cravings for chocolate!! Wahh....

p.s
I met up with dr.bubbles dah tonight!! hehehe ;) An individual with a BIG HEART!! :)

iJun said...

Kak Teh!

Nak ceklat!

:(

Ely said...

someone mentioned Girardhelli Sq??? you should try See's candies, the ultimate Californian candy!

kak teh, thanks for the thanks! u have been one of the most sincere friend that i have ever met. full of love and nurture.

also, if not for u, i would not have been a blogger! thanks also for marketing my blog hehehe.

you know that we ALL love u!!!

betul tuh, the choco so look so sedap!

atenah said...

1)terangkat sungguh the pic of choc blocks tu, Mak Nenak tak nak hantar apa2 ke kat I? Mebbe a picture of a bull dog - tenacity kan.

2)you know what i said to myself after *knowing* you, KT, I WANT TO BE JUST LIKE YOU!! open, warm, kind, witty. (ultimate bodek , anedra, he he he)I'm serious really

3)yes on my top of to do list is to catch a musical with you in londra, dengki abis dgn mak nenek.

Ruby M. said...

salam kak teh
alahai this made me so malu this morning when i first read ur blog update. i was so excited abt the banner and did one for myself, and the next person i wanted to 'try' for is YOU, itu je, its really nothing, and i really dont deserve this honour **malu nyer* as many have said here already, you're one of the most warmest person ive known, with so many friends online or offline, you always know how to make each feel special for being themselves. that is the beauty of YOU. its really ur anugerah, and its no wonder u have touched so many people's hearts. i will always remember that meeting in July 2003. I was very close to doing my Diva dance on the theatre floor if not for the tudung! thanks for the friendship, dunia dan akhirat, inshaallah. :)

yak lain jgn lah jeles, kalau nak header, email kepada maknenek@gmail.com, kalau ada masa dan inspirasi, you might just get urself a banner too! tenah, u sure abt the bulldog ah? ;)

atiza said...

shedapnya cekelat tuh...nak sikit..

Blabarella said...

Aisey .. now with that chocolate banner Maknenek gave you, I don't think I can pay full attention to the content of your blogs anymore. Asyik dok terlioq aje, how?

Hajar said...

iskk.. chocholate.... i so like chocolate... more chocolate... more.. more... yummyyyy!! more...
choc choc choc...

Anonymous said...

chocky tu....*drools* nampak yummy sangat!

Skater Girl said...

Kak Teh,
Your chocolate is very antising but am not a choco fan but I like to eat hershey almonds occassionally.

I came to your blog through ely's, and your blog looks great!!..

--> Suriyati

Kak Teh said...

MM - great! so u dah jumpa dr bubbles - yes yr description of him is so apt.
ayu - dont worry abt tummy - eat first!
iJun: ambiklah sikit, kalau boleh - tapi tak sama macam ais krim yang ijun nak tu..*wink*
mas: argos pun argos lah!
ely oh ely!!! thanks to rantauan...
tnah: jom pi tengok abba - that will be my fourth!
tudia, maknenek dah buat promosi dan offer. header by maknenek and link - kak teh provide provide.

Kak Teh said...

atiza, abik, tapi tinggal kat kak teh sikit.
blabs tu lah...gambar dah jadi distraction!
ladyjade, I am a chocoholic!!
teek, went to your blog yesterday - nak taruh comment - pasal tak boleh? ambik chocc sikit and dont drool on my blog - basah habis :)
suriyati , thanks for the visit. kak teh dah buat lawatan bals pagi2 hari ni.

Anonymous said...

dunno ah why tak bleh. how come tak bolehhhhh?!!

thanks for the chocs....walaupun skit :P. *drools*

shidah said...

kak teh: it is a pleasure knowing you & your chocolate..... :)

Kak Teh said...

teek, dah boleh comment from home.
shidah: the feeling is mutual! :)

MA said...

Hmmm...I dont like ceklat - but I like YOU !

*bukan bodek-bodek aaar..*

Macam Billy Joel kata - I love you just the way you are...

:-)

Ni said...

Kak Teh, lama jugak cik tak mai rumah kak teh pasai very the busy lah. tapi bila dah mai tu terkejut besag tengok coklat dia bukan main lagi no...

Kak Teh said...

MA - tak pa - kita terima, bodek ke tak bodek ke.
Cik Ni - tu laaa,Cik Ni pi mana?

Mutiara said...

kak teh
Chocolates ni ada bahayanya...hehehe, nanti ermmm...ermmm
Big grin

Kak Teh said...

CN - jangan dok bagi coklat kat dia - rosak gigi! (pesanan orang tua-tua)
mutiara: bahaya yang mengesyokkan atau bahaya yang tak mengesyokkan? habark la!

Honeytar said...

Kak Teh: Now, the name I gave "Kak Teh's Chocolates" fits the bill ! :)

Kak Teh said...

honeytar!!! that is so true! drool! drool!

Anonymous said...

cool! ;)