Friday 31 December 2004

Hold it! Pls Postpone 2005!

The clock is ticking and soon there will be quite a gathering at Trafalgar Square to welcome in 2005. There are calls from friends to join them for a do. But can someone press the pause button, please? I am not quite ready! Can't you see that there's still quite a lot to be done? Why countdown when the counting is just beginning? The numbers keep rising and I am sitting here not knowing what to do. So helpless, so hopeless!

Every time I click the mouse, I hear the number keeps increasing. So, perhaps if I stop, everything will stop as well. The pain, the destruction, the spread of disease.

Yet, time and tidal waves wait for no man. So, if anyone asks, I am cybernating for a while.

Last one, pls switch off the lights!TQ

6 comments:

Kak Teh said...

Something woke me up. Some people are at least seeing some sense. Email from London Mayor's Office:

"Due to the events in the Indian Ocean the Mayor's Office in London have decided to tone down the celebrations for New Year's Eve as a mark of respect for victims of the disaster."

Bustaman said...

It is the same with Malaysia. No fireworks or public countdown. Much-publicised concerts were postponed.I guessed you read about all these already.

Blabarella said...

Have a good new year, Kak Teh.

Let's enter this new year with gratefulness for what we still have.

Ironically, I actually liked the idea of letting the new year just slip in without so much as a blink. There was a sense of reflection and solemnity (is there such a word?).

But still, despite most people trying to come to terms with what has happened, and ushering in the new year quietly and the PM's suggestions for a quiet new year, there were still fireworks going off all over the Klang Valley at the stroke of midnight. Not the huge massive ones that come from the Bukit Bintang area or KLCC, but smaller ones, but still significant.

I stood at my apartment balcony with my husband and witnessed the firewors going off. But instead of "ooh-ing and aah-ing" as I usually do, I found myself looking sadly at the bright spray of colours in the midnight sky.

mokciknab said...

Selamat Tahun Baru, Kak Teh! Here's hoping you'll have a wonderful year, meet interesting new friends, and learn to balance life and blogging!

Kak Teh said...

Thank you all for the kind wishes - slept right thru and of course there's nothing new abt the new year!

Doreen said...

When is Kak Teh coming back to blog?