Saturday 12 February 2005

What it would be like to be six again...

I usually delete most mails forwarded to me. But seeing Valentine's Day is near, I suggest that wives and girlfriends read this properly and husbands and boyfriends, take note! I have sort of adapted the story a bit and given it a local flavour.

The husband asked his wife what she'd like for Valentine’s Day.

"I'd love to be six again," she replied.

On the morning of 14th February, he woke up early, got up, made her a nice big bowl of Cornflakes with prunes and nuts and then took her off to Sunway Lagoon. What a day!

They went on every ride in the park. They frolicked in the pool. They went into the tunnel and squeel with delight as they splash into the water again. He chased her around the garden and even tried to carry her piggy back, before going to the skating rink. And five hours later she staggered out. Her head was reeling and her stomach felt upside down. Her limbs were aching.

They drove to a McDonald's where her loving husband ordered her a Happy Meal with extra fries and a refreshing chocolate shake. Then it was off to a movie to see the latest blockbuster, a hot-dog, popcorn, a soda pop, and her favorite candy, M&M's.

What a fabulous adventure!

Finally she wobbled home with her husband and collapsed into bed, exhausted. He leaned over his precious wife with a big smile and lovingly asked, "Well, dear, what was it like being six again?"

Her eyes slowly opened and her expression suddenly changed.

"Is that what this crazy day was all about? You idiot, I meant my dress size!"

The moral of the story: Even when a man is listening, he's still gonna get it wrong!!!

So, ladies, spell it loud and clear what you want for tomorrow!!

16 comments:

Hazelinesnow said...

Agree. Must make it very clear if possible provide the spellings. Dont give hints. They cant read your facial expressions. So just go on and tell it to them like the way it is!

Kak Teh said...

hazel, i just wanted to add, even a clearly written shopping list pun ada yang terlupa!! hehe! Men!

Lollies said...

Also the moral is don't ask impossible thing. I would never ask to be a size six sebab ianya takkan terjad.

Honeytar said...

Muahahaa... they can never win, can they? ish ish... kesiaann.... :)

Kak Teh said...

kusyi, that's the funniest story i've ever heard!!! I think memang Men ni keturunan Pak Pandir. Ingat tak Mak Andeh suruh mandikan anak?
Lollies - yes, either they pretend not to hear or they pretend not to understand.
Honeytar: They never win? Its just a trick, am sure!

Kampong_Boy said...

kak teh,

can't blame the husband... the wife says i want to be 6 again and it was unclear whether size six or 6 years old. so the wish should be i would like to be size 6 again...
things can be interpreted differently by different people... read my post in my blog about women and colours...

Lollies said...

Kak Teh..I am currently at my parents and I cannot access my gmail. I know, I know..I am so poyo. I'll email you first thing on Monday. Can't wait to discuss.

atenah said...

hey, i 'll take that crazy day, sounds like fun.

Kak Teh said...

orang darat: that merely shows women are more imaginative.
nuriayah: tak pa. nantidia balik, dia spoilt you pulak.
lollLies: laaaa!
Che Ngah: yeas - I realy like it too.
Atenah: Kalau I, jadi 12 pun dah cukup dah.

Nadia said...

ahahahah men! what would happen if I say I want to be 2/3 again agaknye? mesti lg haru biru!! LOL
men takde listening skills...a Mr Bean.

Bustaman said...

LOL!
Have a Happy Valentine's Day!

iJun said...

Hey we do get it right sometimes you know.. :P

Kak Teh said...

nadia: kalau kata 2/3 tak apa jugak...kalau kata tiga suku??? I dont even want to imagine!
poku ku : same to you!

shidah said...

kak teh: i have to be so direct...kalau tak, tak merasa le, as hubby is so blur abt any clue given. there was once i have to pay first for a handbag since my hubby left his wallet - which he reimburse later with interest. ha!ha!ha!

Kak Teh said...

shidah, kalau ada interest tak apa lah...

Blabarella said...

Happy Valentine's, Kak Teh! And yes, men need everything to be spelt out to them. Their intentions are noble, but women are such perfectionists and finicky, better to let them KNOW what we want - otherwise sure rosak one!